Friday, May 25, 2012

Time for a little show and tell!

OK well day 1 is over. I have lost some sleep over this because of excitement and sheer terror! Last night I went for a walk/run that was about a mile and a half and tonight I started the app Ease to 5K. I really like this app and I know several people who have used it and found it very helpful. But I am still having trouble getting music on it, so tonight all I could hear was my heavy breathing and the sound of my heart exploding. I was looking at what this program would have me do before I started and I though "I could probably do this twice" HAHA! You are so delusional my friend, it kicked my jiggly butt hard core! But I had the confidence I guess, just not the gusto yet but I will get there. I am pretty sore today and I have to remember that this is the hardest phase but it will pass. I have been told by several people that it takes about three weeks to get yourself into any routine so I am crossing my fingers that I make it to that point.

So I was doing the five minute warm up for this program and a car pulled up next to me. I looked over and it was my friend who proceeded to ask me if I needed a ride. LMFAO! of course you would ask that because this is an unusual outing for me. So in the end I told her that no I was walking for my health, she laughed gave me some awesome words of encouragement and drove off. I am pretty confident this will happen a few more times or some smartass will stop and ask me what I am running from or call the cops because it is so out of character. I have always said that one should not run unless being chased and that ladies and gentlemen is why I am chunky. It was drizzling a bit when I left my house so I put on a jacket well halfway through the sun was out and I was sweating like a pig all red faced and everything. I am sure I looked mighty sexy on the side of that road sweating and panting. Like they say here "if you don't like the weather wait five minutes it'll change".

Every morning I stop at my local gas station and fill myself up with 32 ounces of yellow bliss but not today. I did go buy myself some diet mountain dew and I drank a can on the drive (I know all the stuff that is going around about diet soda but I need some time to wean of my obsession). I did feel alittle guilty driving by thinking "It's not you, it's me... wait no it is you! You helped in the effort to blow out my last pair of cute jeans last week... jerk!" After the initial sadness and my attempt to gag down diet, which I hate the taste, I felt a lot better about it.

I promised you before pictures so I called one of my friends over who is practically my sister to help a girl out. I told her that I needed someone who had an obligation to love me do it :). Because I will be honest the only people that see that much of me is sisters or the occasional situation when the lights are turned off (Sorry mom!). So I was just going to do shorts and a tank top and she talked me into getting in a sports bra. Thank you so much! I was trying to avoid that right now but she said I would regret not doing it so in the end I lost that battle. I love her dearly because she kept saying "honey it's not as bad as you think it is" and my reply was "my own damn belly button is frowning how can it not be bad?!"

I wear spandex tank tops everyday, I mean EVERYDAY! because I can not stand to have the slightest hint of a muffin top of back boobs. It just makes me feel alittle better about myself and thank god for who ever invented those because they are awesome! But they are a lot like wearing stretch pants all the time... you can't tell when you are gaining weight.

But all the BS aside this is me taking one more step to a better life and if I have to humiliate myself on the internet so be it. By the way sorry the pictures are dark (not really!) but I don't have a flash on my phone and I didn't want to use someone elses phone... hehehe lame I know.

Thanks again for taking the time and I hope you are having a great day!

All right you pervs :) here you go! My eyes are closed, the dog looks mildly confused and my legs are painfully white so you might want to put some sunglasses on just to be safe!!!!!!!!!!

THANKS AGAIN FOR READING!!! Hope you all got at least one good laugh out of this post!




1 comment:

  1. It's not as bad as you think it is! Love the new layout too.

    ReplyDelete